Friday, June 5, 2009

Evolution


One thing about the Pirate Dogs is that they constantly grow and evolve. This week the newest, Bertie, went to the vet. The good doctor figures he's about 3-1/2 months old and has some rat terrier mixed in with the chihuahua. Well didn't that just spark a firestorm.



Now the easy solution would be to name him "Ratso", but that's Auntie Bucksnort's grandson's nickname. What to do, what to do.................The solution is, shall we say, quoting Mr. Spock in "The Wrath of Khan", unique...........


Bertie as Dustin because he's "Ratso":




















Leny as Jon playing "Joe Buck":





















Now, this casting is due to the size of the dogs relative to the characters. Bertie would be more suited by temperament to the Joe Buck role---being a male puppy he's ready to hump anything that crosses his path!!!!

But it's the Brenda Vaccaro role of Shirley that causes the controversy. Weets really wants this part but possibly Emma has the look??? What do you think?





And for those of you who haven't figured out where this is all going, would you believe.....



Midnight CowDogs

???????????????????????????????????????????????????

2 comments:

clairz said...

Am I the only person in this household who is confused? I'm pretty sure I know who I am, but I find myself surrounded by a constantly changing (and expanding) cast of characters.

When the dogs were plain old pirates, their crate was a pirate ship, and I had pretty well mastered the concept. But then they watched some old Star Trek re-runs and all the Harry Potter movies, and the pirate ship somehow morphed into the CPS Nargle, or was it the CSS Nargle?

Once they started tinkering with the hyper-drive, and loaded little Bertie-Pierre into the docked space shuttle, well--I was no longer sure what anything was called any more.

I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that the dogs, err, the pirate crew/space pirates/trekkies/student wizards seem to have no trouble knowing where to board when I get out the beggin' strips and say, "Crate time!"

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

ok, the only solution to the ratso problem is for you to give Big Papi-Bertie-Ratzo to that tricky underhanded Bucksnort. She's at the bottom of this whole "chihuahua" scam anyways. Then you can let her find you a "real" chihuahua this time. You trust her don't you?

Y'know, sometimes when I'm watching Big Papi-Bertie-Ratzo trying to scamper from one place to another without getting trampled by the big dawgs, I can almost hear him shouting in his tiny "chihuahua" voice:

"Hello... Mijas... I'm walking here! I'm walking here!"