Thursday, June 25, 2009

No More Thrills????

A sad day. Farrah Fawcett lost her battle with cancer and Michael Jackson succumbed to his life. Personally, Farrah gave me far more thrills than Michael. She was the original blonde with BIG HAIR. I don't know if she and Ryan O'Neal got married before today. I know it was planned.
As for Jackson, he was a little too weird for me, but "Thriller" was quite an opus. One might even call it his "Sgt. Pepper". I wonder who'll get those publishing rights to the Beatles' catalog now that he's gone.
And we'll end this with a Simon and Garfunkel line: "He flew away/ Oh my grace I've got no hiding place......"
Makes as much sense as the other events of the day.


1 comment:

BdVdB said...

I thought I remembered hearing that Jackson's money woes forced him to sell the right's to the Beatles's music a few years back. I might be wrong though.