Saturday, June 27, 2009

Re-Visit

I can always tell when I've returned from visiting my old stomping grounds.

First is the needed infusion of green chile. This week I twice had green chile cheeseburgers for lunch and one dinner was chile rellenos (made from a weight-watchers recipe--baked not deep-fried). If you haven't lived in green chile country you probably won't understand the import of this, but trust me on it!!

Next is the craving for GOOD Italian food. I'm contemplating sending $20.00 to one of my cousins so she'll get me a stick of that excellent hot sopressata salami from the L&G Deli. And I've framed my receipt for the White Castle I visited in Astoria, Queens, NYC. (I know -White Castle isn't Italian but ain't no beating them sliders.) As I write this entry, the grill is heating up so I can do a hot Italian sausage sub for lunch.

It's not always pleasant going back to CT. Flying is a hassle, everything's wicked expensive. But the food is to die for. Now if I could just get me an anchovy pizza from John the Baker.......

2 comments:

clairz said...

Well, Sweety Pie, when you get all these cholesterol-clogging desires out of your system, be sure to visit the page on heart-healthy foods on my blog.

BZ said...

Somehow, I don't think so :-)

BZ