Friday, November 19, 2010

3 Weeks In

Sunday will mark the three week anniversary of retirement.  Absolutely no guilt.  Made a quick trip to Clovis to sign off on inventory and meet with my replacement; now there's no left overs from work---the time is totally mine.  Except for the incessant demands of los perros piraticus for attention and bone turks.  The occasional rescue of my Wicked Good Slippers from the jaws of Pablo Frijoles.  Refereeing the battle between the chihuahuas for space on my lap or under the blankey.  Still getting up around 6:00AM---of course that's sort of offset by staying in my robe until around 9:00........

Haven't gotten through the re-mastered Star Trek original series blu-rays yet.  Also haven't mastered the PS3 Move games.......But I have been catching up on my reading.  I'm current with the Economist (weekly) and The Atlantic (monthly).  That will please the friend of mine I give them to when I'm done---he won't be deluged again with 3-4 issues at a time of either.......I've read about five books and have four on the bedside table---from history to politics to science to Angelology.

I started this post at around 7:00AM this morning.  It's now a little after 3:00PM.  The Pirates and I just came in from the patio where I had a cold beer and they got treats and we all watched the sunlight turn the mountains from huge rock pillars to one-dimensional drawings that you'd see as the back-drop in a Gene Autry film.  The harvester across the road just dumped a huge container of cotton into the back of a trailer.  Looks like the cotton harvest is about done---maybe those shirts and shorts I have back-ordered at L L Bean will get made and shipped soon......Like I said, absolutely no guilt.........

No comments: