Friday, May 30, 2008

MISSING



Skippy Kee is missing. She never came home Thursday. Being good parents, we posted her picture and info on community sites, hung pictures and contact info on all the nearby dumpsters, and notified the local animal control people and veterinarians.


Then it hit me. I was grilling a couple of burgers on the deck when I espied the Pirate Dogs lurking by the back gate. A closer inspection revealed a long and narrow board concealed near where it could be perched on the stockade fence and the storage shed--a PLANK!!!!! Shades of the "Black Pearl".

I immediately confronted the Captain of this crew. And in true pirate fashion she obfuscated and prevaricated, giving me no information whatesover--just growling, barking, and finally, silence with an innocent and coy expression on her face. But deep down, though it may never be proved, I know the truth. Witness the similarity of expression between the Captain of the Pirate Dogs on the left and Capt. Jack Sparrow on the right.



Can there be any doubt?????



1 comment:

Jean (aka Auntie Bucksnort) said...

Aye, it's the eyes, bz. And I've always been suspicious of Capt. Emma Sparrow and her intentions toward the felines onboard her vessel.

But don't despair, the best laid plans of unscrupulous sea-captains and their motley canine crews can often go awry. As you may remember, my cat Kiwi had been missing for 3 months in the dead of winter in Maine when she mysteriously "washed up" alive! Arrrrrrrrrrg, take that, Captain Emma, you wily seadog!