Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Life Without TV

Now Leny is a sweet dog who truly loves her dad. But if she never comes back to Clovis again it's okay with her. Why???? Dad got rid of cable.

Now, we have two households, the mud shashashack (you won't get that reference if you don't do Frank Zappa) and the house in Clovis. Now the shack has the HD T V and all the accoutrements. In Clovis there's a 13" Sharp I won in a sales contest. Got the picture??? No HD, bummer screen size----you know the drill. So I cancelled cable and got wireless internet for the MacBook. Google news works; I can watch a limited selection of streamed movies on Netflix; Hulu is a little boring; I've been watching Rookie Blue on ABC.com. What the heck---Summer is pretty much for reruns anyway!!!!! At least I caught the really important World Cup games in L.C. And the picture on the Mac is HD capable-------

So with retirement imminent and costs lowered---T V suffers. And I really don't care what a Pirate Dog thinks----They don't know it yet but there's gonna be lots of winter nights in the Nargle while we go to NMSU basketball games..........

1 comment:

clairz said...

I cannot wait for those NMSU games! There are so many things we've been putting off while waiting for you to get down here--cowboy campfires at Aguirre Springs come to mind.

Hurry hurry hurry.