Friday, November 14, 2008

An Open Letter to President-elect Obama

Dear Barack,
I hope it's OK to address you that way. I already broke the keyboard on my dad's laptop so spelling out all that President-elect stuff is tough. Have you any conception how hard it is for a dog to type anyway?? No opposable thumbs.
I loved your speech, especially because you and I have in common that we're mutts. And going for a shelter dog is an outstanding example for you to give this country. Do you believe these cretins still have kill shelters in some states? I'm a refugee from one in Ohio. I got sent to New Hampshire and adopted. Here's a picture of me at the shelter meeting my new family:
In case you can't tell from the picture, I'm a Sharprador. That's a cross between a Shar-Pei (you know, those Chinese wrinkle hounds) and a Labrador Retriever. I'm about 51 pounds now and I guess I'm fully grown. The vet says my tongue is tie-dyed because it's got a lot of blue on it.
I'm a very fast runner, even though I sometimes get a little careless. One time I was going wicked fast around the corner of the house and I slipped into a pruned rose-bush. One thing about "Sharpies" is very fragile, thin skin. I had to get stitches and have my wound drained. I looked like hell in that lampshade too, don't you think?


But I'm all recovered and very happy, especially with my favorite chew bone:
I really think you should consider a Sharprador for your white House pet. Our breed is very affectionate and loving. We are good watchdogs. I am amazing at catching chip turks that Dad throws my way. And there's lots of Shar-Pei/Lab mixes in shelters too!!!! Of course we aren't the most hypo-allergenic of breeds, but you could always just get the kid shots, right?? I mean how could you pass up a dog that looks like this?????????

Congrats on your new job,
Leny
First Mate of the CPS Nargle and the Pirate Dogs

No comments: